Hi :)
You can test-drive a newer release without being forced to move to it permanently.  It's not easy
and i will have to try to dig out a link later.  I would wait for the x.x.4 before upgrading as
branches seem to suddenly become a lot more stable around then.

Having said that it is always good to test-drive the latest release if you can, just to see if it
does look&feel better or performs better for you but make sure it's done in a way that avoids it
interacting with the version you rely on!  Obviously if you have restrictions on your download then
it might be best to avoid downloading each one.  Also it's probably best to test on just one or 2
machines rather than rolling it out to all machines, especially ones you rely on.
Regards from
Tom :)