On 05/19/2012 12:13 PM, Mirosław Zalewski wrote:
On 19/05/2012 at 17:31, "webmaster-Kracked_P_P"<webmaster@krackedpress.com>
wrote:

On the web page
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards/External_web_banners

There are 6 "QR-Code" images.

What are they actually used for?
The wiki page you are referring to is whiteboard design section, which means
this is place where designers interested in LO developing may put some ideas
and get feedback from community. These are in no way official (approved by
OpenDocument Foundation) banners.

In other words: someone have created them for whatever reason and decided to
share them. These are not used by LO community in any consistent way - there
is no official interpretation of their meaning. Perhaps author had need of using
them, but when, why and how - we should ask him.

These codes point to LO download page. You can decode them using one of many
free online decoding tools, e.g.:
http://zxing.org/w/decode.jspx

Hope that helps

Yes, I know they are designed so people can look at them and discuss them. Then if there is enough interest, they may be used and may be approved by LO.

As for the my earlier reply, on the LO web site and smartphone/tablet viewing: I really think that people who do have phones and small tablets that can view web pages, need to test out LO's pages and see how well they work. My phone's browser not not view the LO site well at all. SO, it might be an idea to make in info page designed for small screen smartphones or small screen tablets. My LG500 phone has a 1.5 inch [2 inch diagonal] screen. My last "smarter" flip-phone browser was even worse.

It would be nice to have something that is very easy to read by these small screen devices.