Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 15:11:06 -0400
From: webmaster@krackedpress.com
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] LibreOffice croatian hyphnation

Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 10:58:48 -0400
From: webmaster@krackedpress.com
To: users@global.libreoffice.org

On 05/15/2012 08:45 AM, Krunoslav Šebetić wrote:
Hello!

I have problem with hyphnation in LibreOffice 3.4.6 installed on Debian
Squeeze from backports.

Debian Squeeze comes with OpenOffice 3.2 I think. So I purged it and
installed LibreOffice from Debian backports (3.4.6). Now, in Debian
repos is openoffice-hyphnation-hr, but I can not install it because it
depends on OpenOffice Writer witch is not installed on my machine. Tryed
with mythes, myspell and some other things (libreoffice-l10n-hr) but
can not get it working. In Debian I can not add a Ubuntu ppa and install
it that way. It looks like a LibreOffice hyphnation files are present in
Wheezy repos, but not in Squeeze. They named it
"openoffice-hyphnation-hr" and that breaks the install. They should put
that hyphnation and thesaurus files in Squeeze backports didn`t they?

I managed to find dict-hr in LibreOffice portable (3.4.3) with
hyph_hr_HR.dic file, and now - can I just copy that folder (and file) in
a right place, rename some paths and that everything works fine?

Thanks,

Kruno
Yes, it is :)

"hr" is Croatian. correct?
Any reason you did bot install LibreOffice from their download site?
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/?nodetect
You can choose the language and the version you want from here.
No particular reason, juist didn`t. If I don`t get it working I`ll try
from this site and yes, I can choose Croatian version from this link.

I use LO 3.4.6 on Ubuntu 10.04/GNOME, Ubuntu 12.04/MATE, and Windows
XP/pro and Vista.

As for the Hyphen, I have listed a "Croatian dictionary and hyphenation
patterns" extension on my NA-DVD portal site.  I try to have a version
of every "known" dictionary that works with LibreOffice listed there.  I
have to update the listing soon, but there is one Croatian hyphen
extension there.

http://libreoffice-na.us/English-3.4-installs/add-on-dictionaries-large-list/Croatian_dictionary_and_hyphenation_patterns--dict-hr____2003-09-28.oxt

Let me know if it works or not.
Already have that installed but nothing hapens.

It should be independent of the "openoffice-hypenation-hr" file, or
maybe it will install something similar.

In my dealings with hyphenation controls, with my English spell checking
dictionaries, the hyphen-hr.dic file inside the Croatian .oxt file
should do the trick.

With the LibreOffice.org page's install files [for install, language
pack, and help pack], plus the extension I listed above, hopefully, that
will solve your problem.  Try the extension first, then install LO's web
site version if it does not work.

This is the list of spell checking dictionaries and hyphenation extensions.
http://libreoffice-na.us/English-3.4-installs/dictionary.html
Well, I have installed a lot of things, and I can get Croatian in
Tools/Options/Language Settings/Writting Ads/ Available language modules/Edit
listed but for some reasons I can`t get it thicked. I choose
croatian and than click close and when I go again on Edit it is
still/again english. Spellchecking is good it`s undelining words and
automaticly correct them. In Available language modules HunspellSpellChacker
and Libhyphen Hyphenator are thicked. Maybe I juist don`t
now how to use? I choose Automatic hyphnation in paragraph style and typing
to the end of the line but it is not braking words it`s put them in new row.

It is breaking the words if I put ctrl + (hyphen)-, but I get it done
automaticly...

No thesaurus (greyout) and hyphnation is avaliable in
Tools/Language/Hyphenation but nothing hapens when I click it, message
is thats work is done, but nothing get changed. I can`t choose croatian in
/Tools/Language/For Paragraphs and /Tools/Language/For All text, only in "for selection"

In Tools/Options/Language Settings/Languages I have Croatian for Locale
settings and in Default languages for documents.

Tools/AutoCorrect options I have Croatian selected.

Il will try to reinstall LO from link you gave me when will have some spare time.

Hope you can read my ban english with lot of croatian syntax constructions :D

Thanks,

Kruno

Can us use a Package manager to install the openoffice-hyphenation-hr file?
I know you can search for such a file and install it using Ubuntu
[debian based]

That is the problem, I can find that openoffice-hyphnation-hr file, but installation fails. File
depends on OpenOffice Writter
and Synaptic can not find OO Writer on my system.

Think problem is not i LibreOffice but in Debian!
I can`t find hunspell for coratian, it`s available for some other languages. Maybe that is rason?
Probably everything will get fiksed in Wheezy where LibreOffice is in "normal" (not backport)
repository.

@ Andreas Säger

I did that with my tamplate, I thicked Croatian and "For the current document only" in
Tools>Options>Languages>Default languages for Documents but
nothing. When I save my tamplate after modification, and if I again go on File>Templates>Edit, "For
the current document only" in unthicked...

Thanks,

Kruno