Hi :)
I was thinking of file-names such as "Clients-Ab-Am" ... "Clients-V-Z" or perhaps by date although
by date ends up being a nightmare.  Alphabetical is usually easier.

I'm not sure how smart-phones work but i imagine they have folders and sub-folders so a  sub-folder
called "Clients" containing all these files would be easy to scroll through to find the relevant
file quite quickly.  With some OSes If you type the first letter of the file you are looking for
then it automatically scrolls to roughly the right area.

Regards from
Tom :)