Hi :)
Try

Tools - Options - Paths

to see where LibreOffice is looking for your templates.  Hopefully you can edit that to look in the
right place.  It is better to have your templates inside your /home along with all the rest of your
users data and settings.  The full address for the 3.5.x branch is something like

/home/username/.config/libreoffice/3/user/template

Note that inside
/home/username/.config
you will see a lot of folders.  Each program has a folder in there for it's own settings and
configurations.  Some are still in /home/username but are moving to the newer place to reduce
congestion and confusion.

Note that username should be replaced by your own user-name, the one you login with.  Don't change
the 3/user part tho!
Regards from
Tom :)