On 2012-05-03 06:14, Andreas Säger wrote:
Am 02.05.2012 20:03, Steve Edmonds wrote:
Hi. Is the object to then paste the new number from $1 $2 $3 to get the
new formatting? Is there always white space at the front

steve

Nope. You should really start the software and try before posting. Perl regexes are not supported at all.

It looks like AOO3.4 will support ICU regexp, so \s(\d\d)(\d\d)(\d\d) would become valid and replacement with $n values possible. Means I can search and replace dates changing format. Especially useful in writer.
Cheers, Steve