On 18/04/2012 11:17, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
Le 17/04/12 11:28, Ian Whitfield a écrit :

Hi Ian,

While I might agree with your statements with regard to the integrated
use of HSQLDB, I would differ with regard to hooking up Base to various
server backends, which in my experience do work rather well on the
whole, albeit with tweaking, and are multi-OS compatible.
Hi Alex - Yes I wanted to try this and everybody said it was easy but NOBODY gave me any instructions!! I did "mess about" with it a few times but got nowhere - so I never was able to try this out!!

Is it multi-OS ? Can you create a db/form/query in Kexi and give it to a
Windows, Mac or Solaris user  and then have that work ? If not, then it
is no better than Access, or Lotus Approach.

Kexi is a standard SQLlight format so the files should be movable between OpSys-es. I also see that Calligra 2.4 has just been released that includes the latest Kexi and this is available on Window$ and they are asking for Mac OS Devs also!!

But non of this was a major concern of mine. I run my own DB and used it EVERY day. I don't have to pass it on to others so as long as it works for me (well) in Linux - that's what I need!!! And so far Kexi is delivering, (for me anyway!!).

All the best
Ian W
Pretoria