On 04/16/2012 02:36 PM, Udvarias Ur wrote:
I actually did find the answer to the 1st question, how to restart the
numbering, in chapter 3.
However, there is no mention of how to use the same footnote/endnote
number in more than 1 location in the text to refer to a single
footnote. I've had to restore to changing the colour of the consecutive
numbers. i.e. 2 different locations/footnote numbers that both refer to
Leviticus III, 16.
Regardless, thanks very, very much for pointing me to the documentation
WEB site, I had not even thought of it before. I've now added it to my
bookmarks. Thanks again.
You need to use 'Section' to restart numbering for footnote/endnote.
Insert -> Section... -> Footnotes/Endnotes
Put each chapters into separate section.
1. Insert -> Section... and optionally change settings for
2. A section inserted above your cursor.
3. You need move cursor one line up in order to move in newly created
4. Enter your contents.
5. For next chapter/section, make sure move out of your section
6. Repeat from step 1
How do you know which section you are in?
Make sure 'Status Bar' is visible. (View -> Status Bar) You will see
current name of section in the status bar.
If you already have all contents,
1. Selection/highlight target chapter/texts
2. Insert -> Section... -> Footnotes/Endnotes
3. Selected chapter/texts will be separated into different section
4. Default section name is section 1, section 2, etc. Diligently rename
them according to your context. This will easy navigating different
parts of your document
If you need to modify existing section,
1. Goto Format -> 'Sections...'
2. Select problematic section (if you renamed them, choosing target
section is easy)
3. Click 'Options...' to edit settings
Section can be nested meaning a section can contain other sections. Be
careful not to nest sections unless your document structure demands it.
A note, <Ctrl>-A in a section will only selects contents in that
section, not whole document.
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy