Le 16/04/12 10:09, Mark Stanton a écrit :

Hi Mark,

What was it you liked about Approach (I used that too)?

I'm asking for feature ideas.

As a former Lotus Approach user, off the cuff :

- multiple table query/update support

- add/delete/modify/clone data button objects that worked (similar to
Access and FileMaker Pro) ;

- errm, I seem to recall that it had a good relationships manager ;

- Lotus Smartscript (in other words a competent script recorder, script
programming API) ?

- BLOB/CLOB support - LO's is incomplete to say the least, and by
default only lets you play with images - getting a binary stream to
function (e.g. video, or music) into and out of a db is more or less
mission impossible - the current best (only?) practice is to use VARCHAR
for the file name, store the binary data independently and then use cURL
from Basic in an attempt to read the binary stream and turn it into
something useful - heaven forbid that you might wish to actually write
something new into the stream...

- reliable date type conversions !! (cf. the differences in Date types
within LO as a whole, I believe there are/were 3 different types (Calc,
Base and Basic !!) - oh and I forgot the Java date/time spec too !

- it just worked !! sorry, that was not a suggestion, but an opinion ;-)

Alex