Sorry, but this list strips attachments off the emails.

Do you have the hyphen controls enabled? It is listed at "Format > Paragraph > Text Flow". It could be checked and that could be breaking the word in two. Since I do not see the "screen clip" I cannot see if there is a hyphen mark there or not.

I wonder, could you try 3.4.6 to see if it solves your problems as well?

We should have a few "Mageia" users here, but since 3.4.4 is two updates old, you might want to try installing 3.4.6 and see how it works for you. I am running 3.4.6 on Ubuntu 10.04 and it works fine. 3.4.6 is the last of the 3.4.x line and it the most stable and bug free version that LO has out at this time.

Hopefully you "bug" has been fixed within the newest version.