On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 17:22:48 +0200, Alexander Thurgood <alex.thurgood@gmail.com> wrote:

Le 28/03/12 17:10, Heinrich Stoellinger a écrit :

Unfortunately it refuses to install because I have the wrong version of
libreoffice-core
(3.3) installed according to aptitude. As mentioned before - being a
glutton for punischment -
I installed LO 3.5.2-rc1 (again - using dpkg -i for the deb-packages
downloaded from the LO-site).
I am not quite aware how I can still have libreoffice-core 3.3 installed
after this, but
there you are - at least as far as aptitude is concerned. Obviously
things are somewhat
muddled up on my Mint-system.

Errr, yes, it would appear so.

Have you tried :

dpkg --purge libreoffice-*

That should give your system a good clean out (including the LO you just
downloaded). Then of course, you'd have to re-install again...

Alex

Thanks for your hint. When I try to install the mysql connector now I get
the message that it depends on "libreoffice-core". However this package is
not installed and - according to aptitude - only available at level 3.3.
I don't want to fall back to that level though. So, it looks as if I will
have to unfortunately wait till this situation clears up as I don't have the
time available within the next few days to build the connector for 3.5.2-rc1.
Regards
Heinrich