On 27/03/12 22:03, Cor Nouws wrote:
Hi Peter,

Peter Hillier-Brook wrote (27-03-12 11:40)

...but it's still based, illogically in my view, on dynamically
generated frames, rather than the more obvious tables. Labels are
tabular after all and this frame fetish has frustrated me for some years.

For anyone interested, I made a set of tabular templates, both A4 and
American Letter sizes some years ago and they have served me well. The
only drawback is in replicating (or alternatively deleting) enough pages
to meet output requirements. It would be a fairly trivial exercise to
program this as a replacement for the frame based system.

Thanks for your work on these templates.
There is a nice advantage for the regular labels: the option to
synchronise all labels with changes on the first label.

Hello Cor,

many thanks for your response, despite you not having seen my template set. ;-) I created them for my own use, but then decided that they might enjoy wider usage so I wrote a simple tutorial and made the package available as a .zip archive.

With regard to your comments about synchronisation, this is a coding function and not inherently dependant upon the frame basis, rather than the more logical table approach. If the code was written in 'C' rather than 'C++' I might be tempted to fix it, but I can't stand over-verbose languages and avoid the latter like the plague. :-)

Regards

Peter HB