On 3/16/2012 12:31 PM, Andreas Säger wrote:

Your requirements are not anybody elses requirements.
Agreed, however I'm sure there are others who also use the functionality.
I answered your question about the "why?" to the best of my knowledge.
Which I appreciated. I just wasn't aware of the direction of the project to look like excel, and shared my opinion. I realize it seemed to be directed at you, and I didn't intend it in that manner and apologize. It's just sad for me to see this happening, as I have no need for a look alike, or work alike for that matter. I loved that the program allowed me to work quickly and efficiently, and to do my job simply.
I can imagine that ORed auto-filters are useful to many who use Calc as poor man's database (the majority of today's spreadsheet users).
I'm not saying it isn't useful, I'm saying it shouldn't have replace what worked simply and well. Adding an /Advanced /AutoFilter is a great idea for those who want that functionality. I just don't understand why current functionality has to be lost to add something.

A database for my use is overkill. Again, I like to do things in their fastest simplest form to get the job done. I need simple line items of data. Nothing complex or relational, yes for anything like that a database is the perfect vehicle. The last time I built a full database was in dbase in dos ;-) most of my database needs are provided by sites online.

peace,