I am trying to switch from Open Office 3.3 to Libre Office 3.5 but I am having problems with
my print ranges. All files work well in Open Office 3.3. In Libre Office when we first open the
files most don't show any print range in use. When we go to Format>Print ranges the
Remove is grayed out. We go to Format>Print ranges>edit the drop list on the left has an
entry called "Excel_BuiltIn_Print_Area_1" which is our print range. We can select and use
this print range and save the file. When open the file again it has no print range in use.  We
can create a new print range but it does not load after save and close and load file.

I have tried different save and save as options to get this to work but no luck.
I was able to save as xls and the "Excel_BuiltIn_Print_Area_1" range was no longer there. Then
I did a save as ods but neither the xls or ods will let me save a print range.

 A few years ago these files originated from wk1 file opened in excel 2000 then
saved as xls files then converted using Open Office.

What I would like is to find a way to get the print ranges to work without
having to re-enter the data into new spread sheet files. We have about 50 files and not
all have the same exact formating (print ranges, row heights, fonts...) creating new sheets
would take some time to make sure we get everything matched up to print exactly the same.
Plus since this problem is not consist we could put in all the time and find print range problem
still exists.

I was able to get one of the files to work by creating a new ods file and copying the sheet
from original ods to new ods. Then I went to do a second filet and at first it worked when the
external links were not active (I made links text by starting with apostrophe). Once I removed
apostrophe the print range will not load. When I go into the content.xml file I can find the print
range is there.

In all the different files all have worked with Open Office 3.3.

Open office 3.3
Libre Office 3.5 (Installed on 2 computers after uninstalling Open Office)
win xp

I can send a sample files to someone if needed I just need to clear out some
names on the sheets.

Thanks, Ron Gregor