On 2012-03-14 13:11, Regina Henschel wrote:
Hi Hak,

Hal Vaughan schrieb:
I know that under formatting I can specify to keep a paragraph
connected to the next one, so they don't get split up.  But I'm
working on formatting questions on a test, and that includes blank
lines, like this:

-----
Please describe how you would teach a new student how to handle
Cuban motion:

How would you teach this?

What are at least two tips you would give?
> -----

I'm working with a format that's already defined and need my tests to
look like other tests, so I can't change this.

You are using empty paragraphs to get the free space? You should use "Spacing Below paragraph" instead. If you only need similar appearance, changing will be now problem. Using empty paragraphs is wrong in most cases.

  Is there any other
way to select a block of text and specify that it all be kept
together on one page?

You can put the block into a frame. Frames cannot have page breaks inside. But I do not recommend this, because you then have to struggle with the anchor and wrapping properties of the frames.

Kind regards
Regina

Ah yes. Paragraph formatting with spacing below is a good simple idea. You can create a paragraph style called Questions or something logical and apply it to your text every question you have. May be 2 styles, one more for the last question that changes the spacing and stops the paragraph connected to the next one after the last question.
steve