Hi :)
Hmmm, that is weird then.  Errr does Debian have a boot-menu that includes a "Recovery" option?  or
perhaps better does the package manager have a "Fix broken packages" option?  Do you use "apt-get"?
 Apt-get has

sudo apt-get check

which might help.  Sorry i don't really know how to fix this.  It 'should' be working fine surely.
Apols and regards from
Tom :)