2012/3/2 PDA1 <peace@aleksandrsolzhenitsyn.net>:
I have no idea how to add a percentage to a number in Calc.

Example;

Cell A1 has the number 100

Cell A2 has a percentage- 2.9%

I want to add 2.9% to the number in A1 so that the answer is in cell A1.
That is- 100  +2.9%
(just for your reference- the percentage in A2 is always changing from my
input)

How in the world do I do it?

How do you mean?

1: A1=100, A2=2.9% → A1 changes to 102,9
2: You enter 3% in A2, A1 now changes to what? 103 or 105,987?

If 103, enter 100 in a hidden cell, let's say A3 and then let
A1=A3*(1+A2), or as a constant in A1, that is A1=100*(1+A2).
If you want A1 to change its value by Itself·(1+A2) every time you
enter a new value in A2, then you could use a macro for that, but how
ever you do it, you are very likely to shoot yourself in the foot.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ