I apologise, because this feels like something that should be very obvious
but I have not been able to find the answer for myself.

I can create a form in the LO database application and put fields onto it
either through Insert>Field or by opening the Data Sources pane (F4) and
dragging and dropping fields from there to the form.

The only way I seem to be able to see actual data from the relevant table
in my form is to select a row in the F4 pane and then press a button (iirc
it's called "Data to Fields". This puts the data from that row into the
form.

What I would like to do though is link the form to the table and provide
the form with navigation widgets that allow the user to see teh data from
any record by naviagting through the records. I see there is a toolbar
called "Form Navigation" which I can get to appear, but all the icons on
it are greyed out.

I guess my question is - how do I get this toolbar to work with my form
and table the way I expect it to?

Thanks

Bogus Zaba