Le 08/02/12 08:46, Ian Whitfield a écrit :

Hi Ian,

Where do I get _YOUR_ connector and how do I use it??

Sorry if I might appear patronising in what follows, that is not my
intention, but :

Before you get carried away, we are talking about the MySQL C native
connector extension.

This MySQL connector will not help you in any way access your current
ODB file which uses the HSQLDB engine included by default in OOo Base
(and LO Base for that matter).

For it to be of any use to you, you need to have access to a MySQL (or
MariaDB) SERVER (and preferably the counterpart client code) - the mysql
server can be installed on the same machine as LO, or alternatively can
be accessible via a network connection (LAN or Internet).

There are MySQL client/server packages available for virtually all of
the Linux distributions I know of, various flavours of BSD, Windows, and
Mac.

You also need to setup at least one user on the mysql server having the
right to administer/use the database server, and create a schema or
catalogue, simply put, a database name. You can either do this from a
terminal/console, or use an extra package such as phpmyadmin which also
requires installing and setting up a webserver.

Then, you need to install the MySQL native connector extension in OOo/LO
- make sure you get the right version - the Oracle supplied one should
still work with both OOo 3.3.0 and LO, although there have been problems
in some versions of LO with that connector on some OSes.

If you are not prepared to learn all of this, how to administer your
MySQL server, or read up on the available documentation of data types,
SQL functions and commands supported by MySQL/MariaDB, then you are
quickly going to become frustrated and disillusioned. It is an
investment in time and energy, but one that I personally have never
regretted.

Alex