Le 02/02/2012 18:57, Mark Stanton a écrit :

Hi Mark,

You are saying that it is possible to mailmerge using a query to supply the
data?  I know that's what it looks like you said, but there's just been a
long thread here that concluded this was not possible, so I'm just checking.

The other thread did not say that. The question from the original post was how to make sure that the Query was selected by default for the mailmerge, without having to manually select it each time. For whatever reason, bug ou incomplete functionality, one does not appear to be able to do this, hence the suggestion that a View be used instead because is a View appears to be handled like a table for the purposes of mailmerge.

As Andreas says, it has been possible to use a Query for mailmerge for at least 10 years (StarOffice, OpenOffice.org, now LibreOffice), but apparently (and I don't remember when this happened or whether it was always like that), at present one has to manually redefine the particular Query each time the mailmerge is used.

I would hasard a guess that this actually stopped working (i.e. having a query referenced within the mailmerge template or the configuration parameters) when Sun/Oracle redesigned the mailmerge wizard (sometime in the 3.x development branch I think). Of course, it could actually be a LO bug, I haven't compared versions to see whether it works in the one (e.g. OOo 3.2.1) and not the other (LO 3.3.x).

Alex