I want to do a three-way merge of three versions of a Writer document. I
have:

- Base.odt - the original version
- Theirs.odt - a version of Base.odt modified by someone else
- Ours.odt - a version of Base.odt that I modified.

Now I want to integrate the modifications that change Base.odt into
Theirs.odt into my version, Ours.odt. In particular, my own changes are
not part of Theirs.odt.

I tried Edit->Changes->Merge documents in the following way:

1. Load Theirs.odt
2. Edit->Compare Document, select Base.odt
3. Save as Theirs-diff.odt (here, the edits are clearly marked)
4. Load Ours.odt
5. Edit->Changes->Merge documents, select Theirs-diff.odt

but I only see the message "Could not merge documents."

Any pointers how I should proceed?

I tried this on a toy example, and it works fine, but with a complicated
200-page document it does not work. What could be the reason?

Thanks, Hannes