Hi :)
I don't think it's possible unless we are talking about different things, which is highly likely!

Across the top columns are given numbers and down the side the rows are given numbers but this is
only so that you can make reference to a specific cell.  A bit like  map references.  Those letters
and numbers do not appear if you print the spreadsheet (hmm, i think you can force it to show them
but it's not easy).  You can't create an un-numbered row in those numbers.

However we might be talking about different things.
1.  If you have a column of numbers then you can insert an empty cell to create an empty space.
2.  Or if you move the mouse arrow between 2 row numbers so that it hovers on the line between them
then you could drag a row to be twice as tall.  It's trick to do this first time but incredibly
simple from then on.  The trick is to watch for the change in the mouse arrow's pointer.

I'm not completely sure what level of user you are.  So, many apologies if i am going tooo fast or
tooo slow!
Regards from
Tom :)