I recently downloaded the 3.4.4 version of LibreOffice and I'm having a few
issues with it that I was hoping to resolve.

Firstly, I noticed that even if the program had been working properly and
closed without issue the previous time I used it, the program behaves as
though it had crashed and requires me to recover the program. Often it does
not recover properly and I'm forced to re-recover the document several
times before it works. What could be causing this problem?

Also, sometimes when I close down a document without an issue, a message
pops up on my screen afterward to tell me that the program had not closed
down properly. Yet, when I re-open the very same document it doesn't
require me to recover it. I'm not sure what is going on with this and
wondering if I should be concerned? Could this be because I still have my
version of OpenOffice on my computer?

Lastly, I tend to write very long documents (several hundred pages) that
often require me to backtrack to an earlier page to make a correction.
Prior to downloading LibreOffice 3.4.4 I had a version of OpenOffice that
allowed me to save a document and continue from where I left off when I
opened it again. However, when I downloaded the 3.4.4 version of
LibreOffice it no longer allows me to pick up from where I was last working
and automatically starts me at the very top of the document every time I
start it up. I'm wondering if the new version of LibreOffice, or an older
one, would allow me to continue from my last saved point as OpenOffice did
or if there is a way to change the settings in my current version of
LibreOffice to enable my documents to do so automatically? If not, are
there plans to reintroduce that feature into an upcoming version of
LibreOffice? This was a very useful feature that I'd love to have back,
rather than have to skim through several hundred pages to find where I had
last been working every time I open my documents.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear back from you soon.