Hi :)
Chapter 12 of the Writer Guide might be useful too.
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications#LibreOffice_Writer_Guide

Also the dialogue-box itself helps a bit but it takes a bit of experimentation before it really
makes sense.  It's a bit weird at first so it helps to see a few different ways of explaining it.
Once you have worked it out it's really neat :)

Regards from
Tom :)