Le 06/01/12 11:58, Tom Davies a écrit :

Hi Tom,

You have misunderstood my point. I am not in a position to support
requests for help from people on non-tested systems.

For one, I simply don't have the time, it is hard enough just finding
machine time to "produce" the connector, and carry out summary testing
that it works on version XYZ of LO (or not as the case may be).

Second, I don't have the time, processing power, or desire to
potentially screw up my current mysql production servers on MacOSX with
an alleged "drop in" replacement. Indeed, a review of :

http://downloads.askmonty.org/mariadb/5.3/

http://kb.askmonty.org/en/installation-issues-with-php5

http://kb.askmonty.org/en/mariadb-versus-mysql-compatibility

shows that not only is there _no_ MacOSX binary version available, but
also, even assuming I were able to build MariaDB from source, install it
and get it to run, I would encounter issues with my current PHP5 setup.
Sorry, that's a no go for me, let somebody with more time and energy on
their hands to give it a try, and then on top of that try building the
mysql connector extension within LibreOffice so that it picks up the
changed mariadb client library names.

I have no animosity towards MariaDB, as far as I'm concerned, from the
blurb, it appears to be a fairly coherent follow-on to mysql by one of
the original creators, but I'm not going to broadcast or advertise for
an as yet untested database solution on my work OS, which is MacOSX.

Alex