Hi :)
I was wondering if there was something about the fonts being in the 'wrong' folder or needing a
short-cut/link or something to make sure LO was getting the right font?  I would guess the op
already has a font but the mechanics of using it are messed up?  There are a lot of options for
non-RTL languages in

Tools - Options - Fonts

I thought this page was quite interesting about fonts
http://www.geocities.jp/ep3797/japanese_fonts.html
It even has some free (possibly Free) fonts.  Some very expensive fonts are here
http://nihongoup.com/blog/10-beautiful-japanese-fonts/
and i have no idea about these at all
http://www.wazu.jp/gallery/Fonts_Japanese.html
But i don't think downloading new fonts is likely to solve the issue if the mechanics of the
problem haven't been sorted.
Regards from
Tom :)