Jay,

Jay Lozier wrote

On 12/29/2011 09:09 AM, csanyipal wrote:

I'm trying to figure out why differs AVERAGE calculations when using it
alone in a cell or when using it in a complex formula?

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n3618892/Average_Problem.ods
Average_Problem.ods

In the .ods abowe on the sheet '17.' one can see that that AVERAGE
calculations in the
'AD30'
=IF(OR(COUNTIF(AD6:AD17;"=1");COUNTIF(AD19:AD20;"=1");COUNTIF(AD29;"=1"));"0";AVERAGE(AC6:AC17;AC19:AC20;AD29))

and in the

'AD46'
=AVERAGE(AD6:AD17;AD19:AD20;AD29)

One is (mostly) averaging the data in column AC and the other is using
column AD. Since the data in each column is not the same the answers
will be different.

--
Jay Lozier
jslozier@

Indeed, I was inattentive here. Thanks!

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n3619267/Average_Problem.ods
Average_Problem.ods

However, as one can see in the file abowe (that I upload again, modified of
course) that AVERAGE still calculate slightly different when are used in
complex formula as if it used alone.

Eg. in the abowe file one can see on the '19.' sheet that cell 'AD30' with
the same AVERAGE formula, that is in a complex formula calculate the value
'4,07' but the cell 'AD46' calculate with the same AVERAGE formula when is
alone the value '4,13'. How could that be?

-----
Best Regards from
Pál