Hi :)
I thought it was possible to use LibreOffice without using java.  There is even an option in

Tools - Options - Java

to switch java off.  If you avoid wizards and most Extensions / Add-ons and stuff then it doesn't
really make a noticeable difference.  If LibreOffice does grumble about missing java then the _21
is the best version but _20  or _22 are pretty good too.  If you manage to stay free of java then
your system is much safer.
Regards from
Tom :)