Hi, all.
I'm working on a website project, editing stories for web publication with
LibreOffice. I'm storing all of my texts on a Coby MID7022 tablet for
convenient reading wherever I am, and in order to edit them, I've been
linking to the tablet as an external drive through my USB port.
My concern is that I don't want to prematurely wear out the SD in my tablet
with the constant autosaves of LibreOffice, so what I want to do is:
1) Load my target file for editing from the tablet into LibreOffice on my PC
running Vista.
2) Autosave the file as I edit into an equivalent directory on my PC.
3) Do a final canonical (I just /love/ that word!) save onto the tablet.
This will allow the PC to accept all the wear and tear instead of the
relatively more fragile SD. I know, I know...SD's can last years and years
and years...but in the safety of my backups of my life's work, I'm paranoid.
This has GOT to be possible! You guys are too smart for it to not be!
Thanks for your help, TinKicker