On 12/17/2011 06:59 AM, Brian Barker wrote:
At 08:33 16/12/2011 -0500, Dotty Person With No Name wrote:
On 12/16/2011 03:49 AM, Brian Barker wrote:
At 11:16 15/12/2011 -0500, Dotty Person With No Name wrote:
I have 2 sheets in the same file. Sheet 1 has the primary
information in it that must be reflected in Sheet 2. There are a
varying amount of lines in Sheet 1.

When the cell contents of Sheet 1 change I want the cell contents
of Sheet 2 to change.....even to reflect the inserting of new rows
in Sheet 1. That is; if Sheet 1 has 10 rows then Sheet 2 will have
10 rows. If I insert a row in Sheet 1 and put some data into it
then Sheet 2 must immediately update and reflect what is in Sheet 1
including the new row and its data.

How do I do it?

Easy:
o Amend all references to Sheet 2 everywhere in your spreadsheet to
refer to Sheet 1 instead.
o Delete Sheet 2.
o Bingo!

Both Sheet 1 and Sheet 2 are needed.

That's debatable.  As many people do, you have told us only a small
part of your problem.  You have designed a solution to your overall
need which then requires something that you acknowledge to be
problematic.  The solution may be to design your solution differently
in the first place.

Sheet 1 is the input form for all the data that will show up on other
Sheets.

No-one can yet know why (or even if) you need those extra sheets.
No-one can know why the act of inserting a row in your input sheet
needs to cause a new row to appear in other sheets.  It may well be
that you could inherit the data in some other way - perhaps using
VLOOKUP() or similar.  Or it may be (as I hinted) that you can derive
the results you need directly from the first sheet, without creating
all those copies.  Anyone trying to help you needs to know what those
results need to be before they can help.

Perhaps I misunderstand what you mean?

I think the problem is the other way about: although readers will
understand what you want from what you said, they cannot understand
what you *need*.

I trust this helps

Brian Barker

Perhaps.  The Array function works perfect for what I need.  'Problem is
I've looked at the "help" online that one is forced to review when you
hit the F1 key and see that a simple example that idiots like me could
understand is very much needed and missing.  So, when someone says, "you
need to include the variables in the quadrated-matrix before the
registers will translate the data to a venue". (I'm making the fancy
talk up) I have NO idea what they're talking about.

Still, I'm happy with what I've got and grateful to all of you that have
helped.