Abbreviations don't really needed to be added to the dictionary.  Prominent
names should be added though.

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 8:24 AM, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions <
webmaster@krackedpress.com> wrote:

I am looking for help with adding words to the current word lists for my
dictionary, that are part of the LO/OOo/open-source community.

I want to make sure that the words associated with this work is a part of
the dictionaries I have for LO.

I realized that I did not look for these words before when I created my
.oxt dictionary files.  I just looked and LibreOffice is not there.  Other
words and abbreviations need to be added, like FOSS, LO, OOo, ODF, and
others that we use every day on these lists.  I am not looking for
definations, just the words that need to be a part of the dictionaries.

I am not asking for common words like "dictionary", "baby", or "bath".  I
am asking for words that are part of our technical vocabulary that has
developed over the past few years as the open-source movement became more
popular.  I said "dictionary" since there are dictionary word lists out
there that does not include it, for whatever reason.

I would like to do this off-list as much as possible.  I would like anyone
who wants to help use my "webmaster at libreoffice-na.us" email address.

So what do you think?  would it be proper to have these words we use daily
added to the dictionaries by default?  Since the dictionaries are part of
the open-source movement, it should have the words associated with that
movement included within its spelling word lists.

deleted

--
Quinn Heagy
http://quinnheagy.com