Hi Ataul,

Ataul Wasih Tariq schrieb:
I am using a Mac and sometimes I have to type in Urdu for my
documents. Whenever I use Bean or the Mac Texteditor, I have no
problems with the Urdu support. It automatically changes from Right
to Left and perfectly connects the letter with each other. But I need
it to work in Libre Office as well because of the excellent
formatting options. But I have the fonts, the Mac is setup to write
Urdu, but Libre Office just doesn't connect the letters with each
other. How can I fix this problem?

Example: پاکستان - This is how it is written normally, but in Libre
Office it looks like: پ ا ک س ت ا ن

I have copy-paste your example from this mail to LibreOffice and it looks connected. I've got Libro3.4.4 on WinXP. So it might be specific to Mac. Only to be sure, you are using the odt-format?

Do the spaces occur all the time, with newly written text and with pasted text as well?

Does the status bar shows the correct language before you write any character? If not, change the settings in the paragraph style 'Default'. In addition you should look in the tab 'Asian Typography' whether checking or unchecking the setting 'Apply spacing to...' can solve the problem.

You should write a bug report and attach a faulty document there.
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport

Kind regards
Regina