Hi Duncan,

It sounds like you have setup your fields properly in Excel, and now calc. I personally use base, but it doesn't matter. I use the table style templates available from the worldlabel.com site for OpenOffice/LibreOffice. If you are using those, do not use the label wizard, but go to insert/fields/other. In that window choose the Database Tab, then select mail merge, and drag the fields you want to your label form. Once you are done with that, in the same column as the mail merge selection choose next record and click insert. Once you have one label done, then simply copy the information from the first cell to the other cells. When you print each label should have the correct information from your source database.

You will have two other issues if printing more than one page. First, a blank page will show up between each printer page. Second, one label between each sheet will disappear. Here is how to fix those issues:

Hi,

I don't know if this might help anyone or not. I had an OpenOffice form problem using the table template with a standard 30 label sheet (3 x 10). I have all of our Christmas card addresses in an OpenOffice database. I have the form setup, etc, to automatically pull the address information in when I click print and select the database, etc. It works great with one exception. Last year my wife said I missed having a few addresses included. I didn't think anything about it, and honestly, didn't think that was possible. This year before giving her the printed labels I thought I would check that everyone was there. I set the printing so it is sorting to print A_Z based on the last name. It takes three sheets. I have 78 names in the database, but only had 76 printed labels. What happened was when the printing went from the first sheet to the second sheet, it misses one record. The rest of the second page is fine. When I went from the second sheet to the third sheet, once again, it skipped the next label, then printed fine for the balance. When I say it skipped it, the missing record just disappears. It isn't that I end up with a blank label at the top of the sheet. The next one in line to be printed on the first label on Page 2 vanishes and the one that should be the second one on the second page becomes the first one on the second page. The same with the third page. A person would never pick this up unless checking the database against the printed labels.

The solution!!!!!!!! I had one full page of labels with the fields in. I read on-line that you need one complete page with fields in for each page of labels. So I added two more pages so I have a three page template. When I created Pages 2 and 3 and by pasting the complete page 1, then scrolled up, I found there was a blank page between each label page. I deleted those pages, and I now have a perfectly working label template printing all of the address!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully this will help you!!!!!!

Don