I do not think doPDF if a true "FLOSS" package, but it is free.

I have not worked with PDF-Redirect or PDF Creator before. It might be interesting to see if they can be installed side by side and compare their features. Maybe do the same for the "default PDF printer" for Linux vs. CUPS-PDF. Maybe have ones that work for MacOSX listed as well. THEN list the options that are part of the Export-to-PDF that is a part of LO.

I know I use doPDF and CUPS-PDF when I need to use non-standard fonts [like ones that look like they have snow on the letters or ones that have letters inside Christmas lights], or ding-bats and icon related fonts. Export-to-PDF does not embed those type of fonts, yet. So I need a PDF printer that can embed the needed fonts. It makes the files larger, but they will print exactly they way I want them to.

I use CUP-PDF many time a day. Any email, web page, or other non-LO document, that I want saved or printed out later. I print it to PDF then choose which pages I print to paper. I then avoid a lot of pages that I do not need to print out. I saved maybe 2000 sheets of paper that way, plus now that I can print duplex, I can print the PDF file double sided vie the default PDF viewer. LO will not print duplex pages for my inkjet duplex printer. So I must use print to PDF first.