On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Simos Xenitellis <
simos.lists@googlemail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 3:29 PM, txapollo243 <txapollo243@gmail.com>wrote:

Hello to all,

I was wondering if there is a nice way of  formatting source code snippets
in LibreOffice Writer (I use the 3.3.2 version). I know it can be done
manually by changing the source code's paragraph's font to something
distinct like Courier or Courier New, but I am looking for something more
aesthetically pleasing. I mean not only using an appropriate font, but
also
reserved words-specific coloring, indentation, e.t.c. Is there a plugin to
do this? The question came to me because of an 8085 Assembly project at my
university, in which we have to provide reports to our instructor, but
certainly it could also be useful for writing reports for projects based
on
other programming languages.

I have tried different googling combinations, but because of the common
use
of the term "source code" in the context of development, all of the
results
were irrelevant.

First of all, the search term is «syntax highlighting» and what you are
looking for is a good idea for a LibreOffice addon.
I had a look at the available LibreOffice addons/extensions and there is a
mention for Coooder,
by http://cedric.bosdonnat.free.fr/wordpress/
See also http://cedric.bosdonnat.free.fr/wordpress/?p=557
My quick search did not find Coooder available as an extension, ready to
install. If someone can look a bit further into this, it would be great.

I tried the package found at
http://cedric.bosdonnat.free.fr/wordpress/?p=103
However it's an old package and gives an exception when trying to install.
The source code for the extension is available at
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/ooo-build/trunk/extensions/coooder/
so it could work again if someone can try to repackage it for LibreOffice.

It would be good to have a syntax highlighting extension for Libreoffice.
The basic functionality for the highlighting is done using an existing tool
such as
http://www.webresourcesdepot.com/11-syntax-highlighters-to-beautify-code-presentation/
(Coooder uses GeSHI).

Simos