See below.

Doug:

I open the RTF in Word on both the Mac and the PC. It worked fine on the PC. I will try it on Mac next and let you know.

Bob

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 1:17 PM, doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net <mailto:dmcgarrett@optonline.net>> wrote:

   Hi, Bob--

   I'm forwarding this to you for your information.  I've asked the LO
   forum how
   to make LibreOffice default to saving in rtf, and this was one of
   the answers.
   (LibreOffice defaults to saving in .odf unless you tell it
   otherwise.  I asked the
   forum how to change this default.  They sent back instructions.)

   My question to you:  When I send you back a file in rtf format, do you
   open it on the PC or on the Mac?  I assume you open the file with MS
   Word.
   If that is not the case, please let me know.  I intend to let the LO
   people know
   our experience with rtf, as the writer, below, asked.

   --doug