Hi Jon,

Jon Legarrea Oteiza schrieb:
Hello everybody,first time I write here,

I want to ask if is possible to launch libreoffice in different
languages

we are thinking teach libreoffice instead msoffice but we need been able
to have two shortcuts in desktop with different languages launcher
something like:

first shortcut:  soffice.exe --lang es-ES
second shortcut: soffice.exe --lang en-US

it is possible? or there is any extension or workaround?

Yes it is possible. Here a way for Windows:

1. You need to make different folders for the user settings. For example you have a folder C:\LO\ES\user. Copy the content of your default folder 'user' (see Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Paths where it is) into the new 'user' folder.

2. Generate a desktop link to soffice.exe and open its properties.

3. On the "Link" tab (I hope it's named so, German 'Verknüpfung') add the following after soffice.exe, with blank between,

-env:UserInstallation=file:///c:/LO/ES

Be aware of the three slashes after file: and be aware of using slashes not backslashes.

4. Go to the "General" tab (German 'Allgemein') of the link properties and change the text in the field for example to "LibO ES".

5. Start LibreOffice from this new link.

6. Goto Tools > Options > Language Settings > Languages and set the User Interface to Spain. If this item is not available you need to alter your installation.

7. Same place, set the language for new documents to Spanish(?); select the kind you need. If there is no check mark before the language, you need to install the dictionary.

8. Close and restart. You should have a Spanish LibreOffice now.

You can do the same for English or keep the normal installation in English.

Be aware, that a double click on a document will always start the default user. So you have to teach your Spanish users, to first start LibreOffice and than open documents.

If a step is not detailed enough, please ask.

@Tom: Do we have a HowTo for that somewhere?

Kind regards
Regina