Hi :)
Those couple of emails were just between the 3 of us.  The
users@global.libreoffice.org
list was not included but i have just added them  now for this reply.

It does sound as though you were using the file-browser.  It sounds like you are using Ubuntu 11.04
(perhaps 11.10 beta?) and the all-new Unity interface instead of the Gnome that most of us are
familiar with.  I'm not sure how that works yet, can you ask on Ubuntu Forums = Launchpad and/or
UbuntuForums.Com?  Sorry about this but it sounds like a problem with the OS rather than with
LibreOffice?  Can you delete other types of files?  Does the right-click work elsewhere?  If not
then it's an OS issue to Ubuntu forums about.

Can you drag files into the bin?
Apols and regards from
Tom :)