On 10/04/2011 08:02 PM, Jonathan Schultz wrote:
It's easy to see the difference between the G and the O versions. I find
that same when printing directly to the printer.

I'm not sure if you are suggesting that they should be the same. My
understanding is that they should not be the same, because the OTF
versions are missing the extra graphite features. An easy test it to try
typing "ff" in each of the fonts - in the graphite version the two "f"s
are closer together than in the OTF version and the second "f" is
slightly larger than the first.

Now I see what you mean. See the link to the screenshot below.

Where did you install them from&  where did you put them?

I just naively installed them with the KDE font installer on one box,
and the Gnome font installer on the other. That seems to have put them
under /usr/local/share/fonts/

Got it.

If LO is installed directly they are in the /opt folders:
$ ls /opt/libreoffice3.4/basis3.4/share/fonts/truetype

Obviously Debian puts these someplace else - I have no /opt/libreoffice*
directory. In fact AFAICT the LO that I have includes no fonts at all.
That is, I have grepped the file list from all

That is because your's is installed from the Debian repo & mine is
installed directly from LO.

When I tested I removed all and installed directly to ~/.fonts

I have no ~/.fonts directory either.

I add a ~/.fonts folder so that I can easily add/remove fonts. It's
particularly helpful when testing fonts. Note that it's user specific &
not system-wide (i.e., available across multiple user accounts) as the
fonts do not get installed into /usr/share. If I like the font then I
will go ahead and install system-wide.

When you tried the
'Tools|Options|LibreOffice|View|uncheck 'Screen font antialiasing' did
the screen Graphite fonts change in LO?

Yes it did change. So it is doing some kind of anti-aliasing, but still
looks wrong. Is it worth my making a screenshot?

Not if it looks any different than this:
http://postimage.org/image/2apqbvxac/
Otherwise, yes it might be a good idea.
Note that I set the font size at 20 so that I could easily see the
difference.