Hi Alex,

Alexander Thurgood wrote (30-09-11 15:06)

Just to attempt to bring some sanity / rationality to claims about what
is, or is not being done on the database module, I thought I'd give you
an insight from my probing around in the git logs :

Thanks for that!

It has been said that there are quite a few developers working on Base.
I don't know exactly what quite a few is, or how regular that might be.

A quick glance at the various starts (see also below) shows me more then 10 names for sure. Clear is that less work on Base is done, than for example on Calc and general code. And clear is too that - although there were positive figures to be show with our first anniversary: more developers and other people doing work are very much welcome.

As for commits since last year, i.e. around the creation of the
LibreOffice project, git log tells me :

git log --grep='database' --pretty=oneline --since="1 year ago"
[...]
git log --grep='database' --pretty=oneline --since="1 year ago"

Did you also try a search with 'dbacces' and 'connectivity'?

Apart from the question how much on which level is being done on Base, I would expect that the picture for Impress/Draw would not be so much different. It is my impression that at the moment, a really lot of work is done on Calc and general code improvements.

The freedesktop bug reporter currently lists nearly 150 open bugs using
the keywords "libreoffice" and "database".

I think you mean product 'LibreOffice' and Component 'Database'? (There is no keyword 'Database', and 'Database' in the summary line gives little results and I guess no different ones.)

So:
- LibreOffice+ DataBase shows 88 Unconfirmed/New/Assigned.
No idea how much dups are among that. Or from when the issues origins (old or new).
- LibreOffice+ DataBase shows 11 Fixed.
- There are about 25 test issues (from the Bug report assistant) and enother bunch Dups, Invalid, WorksForMe

So you people can make your own mind up as to what, if anything, is
really happening to the Base module.

Git and Bugzilla show there is activity, and that bug are fixed. But more contribution indeed are welcome.

Furthermore I would really appreciate if all try to work and communicate precise, to prevent that others jump to noisy conclusions too fast.

Thanks & kind regards,

--
 - Cor
 - http://nl.libreoffice.org