Am 28.09.2011 16:08, mcbad wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean.  I did this same exact thing on Google Docs and
it worked fine, it sorted by the resulted number from the requested
spreadsheet and cell number.  Does this mean I cannot call data from another
spreadsheet and sort it?

Sorry, my answer was wrong. The #REF has nothing to do with sorting.

In Excel, Gnumeric and Calc you get #REF errors when
1) referring to the second sheet $Sheet2 absolutely and copy the reference to another document which has no second sheet. 1b) referring to the previous sheet Sheet2 relatively and copy the reference to the first sheet. Then there is no previous sheet anymore. 2) copying/moving a relative reference =A1 one row up since there is no row before row #1 3) copying/moving a relative reference =A1 one column to the left since there is no column before column A.