Make that:

The application always opens to the size in which it was when it was
last CLOSED.

It has nothing to do with actually saving the files. It just reopens to
same the size it was when it last closed (full screen or smaller,
whichever was in place when the application closed).

So what would be nice to have would be to save the window size with the
individual file, not the application as a whole.

Thanks again, Andy