On 2011-09-13, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions wrote:
On 09/13/2011 12:57 PM, Michael Reich wrote:
On 9/12/11 users+help@global.libreoffice.org wrote:
 Topics (messages 11013 through 11042):

 [libreoffice-users] Re: Should LibreOffice even support Microsoft
 secret formats?
      11013 - Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk>
[...]
 [libreoffice-users] Help w Spreadsheet function?
      11014 - JeepNut <JeepNut@zoho.com>

      11016 - Spencer Graves <spencer.graves@prodsyse.com>

 [libreoffice-users] Re: Should LibreOffice even support Microsoft
 secret formats?
      11017 - Spencer Graves <spencer.graves@prodsyse.com>
[...]
Now this digest has grouped some messages on a topic together, yet
others with the same subject are not grouped.  Is the problem the
way users are posting messages?   It seems like a small thing, but
it's driving me nuts.

Maybe something is wrong with the headers, or the digest only groups
directly related messages together (maybe B is only grouped with A if it
is a reply to A).

Email list usually are not thread based, unless your client combines
emails with the same subject into thread-like groupings.  I think
Nabble does some threading though, but I do not use Nabble often.

E-mails *are* usually threaded, apart from messages sent with a couple
bad clients.

Even if you've never seen a client threading e-mails, these e-mails
still have the threading information in the headers.

Don't confuse this with subject-based grouping of messages.

--
Nuno J. Silva (aka njsg)
gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg