I've changed the subject because it appears there is an issue which is entirely one about
LibreOffice.

Spencer, can you provide a small sample of the following:

 1. An .ODP of the document that shows the line formats you are concerned with.

 2. The .PPT that you get when you save in that format.

 3. The .ODP of the document that you see when opening the .PPT in LibreOffice.

You can send those to me directly as attachments in an e-mail, or put them on a global file-sharing
location (even Windows Live SkyDrive will work) and let us know where they are.

Then the exact point where there is information loss/modification can be pinpointed better and a
bug report created if called for (and if there isn't one already).

While others of us can doubtless reproduce this on our own, it is helpful to have something that
demonstrates the problem exactly as it occurs for you.

 - Dennis

PRELIMINARY ANALYSIS

In the described scenario, it appears that at no time did a Microsoft application touch the
document.

It was saved from LO and then re-opened in LO.  Apparently, either the save process or the input
process (or both) failed to preserve toe dashed line.

If the dashed line is not supported by the .PPT 97-2000 Microsoft Format, that would be a problem.
I see no indication that this is the case in Graves' report.

The problem appears to be one of fidelity between the LO output converter and the LO input
converter for .ppt format.  Generally, one does not think too much of converters that can't get
that much right.

Without discussing whether there should be such conversions available in the first place, the
situation this user is confronted with is (1) the conversion is offered, and (2) the conversion
fails in a situation that is important to the particular user.

This situation might be better served by a bug report.

PS: I must point out that the primary marketing thrust of OpenOffice.org was and is that it offers
(unqualified) support for key Microsoft Office formats, it is free, and it runs on more than
Windows.  I don't know how LibreOffice is positioned, but it would be interesting to see what would
happen if "support for Microsoft Office formats" were to be removed from all promotional statements
concerning LibreOffice.