- On Thu, 1/9/11, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

From: NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: Lotus Wordpro files
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Thursday, 1 September, 2011, 16:58

On 08/31/2011 06:54 AM, libo wrote:
On 8/31/2011 9:47 AM, Declan Moriarty wrote:
I have managed to open Lotus WordPro files.  I use 3.4.2 on Mac.
The standard file that Libo gives to test Lotus WordPro import
works.  I have found that graphics don't get imported!  Text does.
If you have lots of .lwp files your bet option is to use KeyView
for Lotus on the PC, or if you have Lotus WordPro, export to MS
Word.  Note also the First FileView 2.2 and QuickView Plus on the
PC will also open .lwp files.

Declan Moriarty

Lotus won't install on Windows 7 and we have 1000's of active lwp
files that need modification regularly, so a viewer won't work. 3.3.4
works, so the filters must have been changed for 3.4.x

libo

They may have fixed it in 3.4.3. I just opened the sample .lwp from:
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/new-features-and-fixes/

Note that the sample file has no graphics.  On the Mac now with 3.4.3 the rendering of the sample
file is better.  The green text is now green.  The text in the green background, that I think is
supposed to be double spaced (2x character height) is single height.  My graphics file, now has the
title on it, it didn't in 3.4.2, but still no picture!  It was a drawing object in .lwp converted
from .SAM.

Lotus Word Pro import filter* (sample)

in both LO 3.3.4 and LO 3.4.3 (confusing isn't it? glad I'm not
dyslexic) and both are identical. Note: those are both linux versions. I
may have a 3.4.2 on another machine (linux and Windows) & see if that
experiences any problems.