Le 22/08/2011 08:26, Johnny Rosenberg a écrit :
2011/8/22 Jean-Louis Oneto<jl.oneto@free.fr>:
Hello,
I didn't notice the link to example file at first glance, but the
alternative of using the Data Validation tool is really very powerful!
I would never found it by myself without your example! It is really an nice
solution and it surely deserve a better publicity in the doc.
Thanks a lot to all of you,
Jean-Louis
Maybe it deserves a better name in the menu? But unfortunately I have
no suggestions, at least not yet…

I feel that the validation tool is just well named: the problem is rather that it can make so many different things that it is diffucuilt if non impossible to find a "better" name! My problem was rather the opposite: I always considered that the "Data" menu contained almost only tools for... "databases" (or at least data sources, including reformating of CSV data... That was partly why I didn't understand why "Controls" were made for databases, and why I had to avoid "controls" in the first place. My first think was rather the opposite: use the controls for simple tasks on calc sheets, and use "Data menu" items for "databases". This was sustained by the fact that most of the "Data" tools just ask you to connect to a database! May be it should be the control tools which should be renamed (or just suppressed as some people suggested) ?
Regards,
Jean-Louis

--
Jean-Louis Oneto