On 08/22/2011 09:42 AM, planas wrote:
Shriramana

On Mon, 2011-08-22 at 18:56 +0530, Shriramana Sharma wrote:

I am using LibreOffice 3.3.3 on Kubuntu Natty and 3.4.2 on Windows XP.
On both installations I observe the following bug:

In Tamil, vowelless consonants are considered independent grapheme
clusters on their own as they do not ligate with following consonants
unlike other Indic scripts. (The only exception is க் ligating with ஷ to
form க்ஷ.)

Take for example the Tamil word சித்திரை (name of a month). The grapheme
cluster split-out is: சி|த்|தி|ரை and not சி|த்தி|ரை. However, when my
cursor is to the left of த் and I press the right-cursor key, the cursor
moves to the right of தி, and vice versa with left-cursor key. Obviously
LibreOffice considers த்தி as a single cluster. Other applications (like
for example Thunderbird which I am using to compose this mail) correctly
treat த் and தி as separate grapheme clusters.

This faulty behaviour is seen for all CONSONANT + VIRAMA + CONSONANT
sequences in Tamil in LibreOffice.

Should I report this against LibreOffice in the FreeDesktop Bugzilla  or
elsewhere against some other rendering library that LO uses?

--
Shriramana Sharma

I would post the bug against LO. There may be other languages with
similar problems.

I also recommend that you ask/post on
l10n@global.libreoffice.org: Discussions list for people involved in
LibreOffice localization.