Hi ya'akov

Yaakov Yehudi wrote (22-08-11 12:55)
I'm asking my question again.  Hopefully I have included sufficient
information that my query is easier to understand this time

It is. And your previous mail was clear too.

Note: I am _not_ asking about templates.  They are a different
matter.  I already use templates.

Ok, sorry for my misunderstanding.

I would like to create some _different_ layouts which I want to use
many times.  Therefore, I would like to add these new layouts, which
I wish to create, to the 12 existing predefined layouts.

I am not aware of a possibility to do that ... other then of course dig in the code.
But maybe someone else proves me wring here..

This will allow me to select them with a single click, rather than
manually define them every time I want to use them.

A clumsy workaround of course is to keep some empty slides with these layouts at hand, to copy them when needed, e.g. in the slide sorter.

I see the layouts are somehow included in the master pages.  All I
want to do is add some more of my own design.

Master pages serve another purpose indeed.

Regards,

--
 - Cor
 - http://nl.libreoffice.org