On Thu, 2011-08-18 at 04:52 -0700, ncreamer wrote:

CREATE TABLE "Vulnerability" (
"Vuln ID" INTEGER NOT NULL,
"Vulnerability" INTEGER NOT NULL,
"VulnInstance" NUMERIC(10) DEFAULT 1,
CONSTRAINT PK_ISSUE PRIMARY KEY ("Vulnerability", "Vuln ID" ),
CONSTRAINT FK_ISSUE FOREIGN KEY ("Vulnerability") REFERENCES "Issue
Type"
("Issue ID"),
CONSTRAINT FK_SCAN_VULN FOREIGN KEY ("Vuln ID") REFERENCES
"Scan" ("Scan
ID")
);

I was able to get the code fragment

CREATE TABLE "Vulnerability" (
"Vuln ID" INTEGER NOT NULL,
"Vulnerability" INTEGER NOT NULL,
"VulnInstance" NUMERIC(10) DEFAULT 1)

to generate a table in Base but it did not accept the default value.
When I copied the table and edited the copy, forcing the default value
to be 1, it did accept the value.
When I created a table by design view, it would not display the assigned
default value.

Testing the query in other databases (MariaDB and SQLite) it worked
erratically, SQLite displaying the default value and MariaDB not
displaying it.

Checking my references, the syntax is correct of Column_name data_type
[column_attributes].

--
Jay Lozier
jslozier@gmail.com