On 2011-07-27 21:46:39, Rich Shepard wrote:

I'd be curious to see what the output of xlsfonts and fslsfonts on that
machine looked like...

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011, NoOp wrote:

I only referred to that as it shows making a ~/.fonts folder etc.

[SNIP]

   Well, I guess LO is different from other apps in that it
cannot see fonts in /usr/share/fonts, but does in ~/.fonts. Very
strange.

[SNIP]

That may not be correct: On one machine I have a collection of about
5730 fonts (old hobby, long story) and ALL of them are installed using
rpm or yum in /usr/share/fonts (I built the RPM packages for most of
them).  I do NOT have a .fonts directory, and LO (just like OOo) sees
all of them just fine.  They display properly in (for instance) writer,
and they also print correctly.

I'm on fedora fc15 on that machine, and except for the slightly longer
are no problems at all.

OK there's one - when I tried to print out a "font catalog" last fall,
I had to break it into multiple chunks.  I don't remember whether it
was the extremely long time that was needed or if instead it was a SW
limitation.  But IMNSOHAO anybody doing something like should probably
not expect it to be just another 'trivial' task anyway.

- Bill
--
william w. austin                                     airedad@att.net
"life is just another phase i'm going through. this time, anyway ..."